Terms and Conditions
Atami Spa & Resort has the following Terms and Conditions to assure a safe and conformable stay, etc.(hereinafter “use”) for guests. Violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in rejection of use and/or monetary compensation for any damage suffered by us.Atami Spa & Resort shall be used in compliance with the following Terms and Conditions.
Scope of application
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the user (hereinafter “user”) of any of the facilities on the premises of Atami Spa & Resort (including guest rooms, garden, parking space and other parts of the land; hereinafter collectively referred to as “the facilities”).
Use of the facilities
- The facilities shall not be used or visited for any purpose other than lodging, dining or self-catering without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
- The facilities shall not be sublet to a third party without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
Limitations on use of the facilities
- Only members of the group that has registered with us or has an advance booking can use the facilities. Do not invite any third person to the facilities. We do not permit use of the facilities by groups of only minors or students.
- We are licensed as a private lodging accommodation under the Residential Accommodation Business Law and operate under the ordinances of Shizuoka Prefecture, which prohibit us from offering lodging accommodation on weekdays.
- We do not permit use of the facilities by the following individuals and organizations:
- Designated organized crime groups, gangsters and their associates as defined under the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members,” including their members and related parties, or any other anti-social organizations (hereinafter referred to as “anti-social organizations”).
- Corporations or any other type of organization whose activities are controlled by an anti-social organization.
- A person or organization who has or is reasonably considered to have committed an act of violence, physical attack, threat, extortion, unlawfully intimidating behavior or other similar action.
- A person who, due to mental disorder, influence of drugs or other similar condition, has difficulty securing his or her own safety or who is at risk of exposing other users to danger, fear or unsafeness.
- A person or organization who has been cautioned about their actions being in violation of the Terms and Conditions provided herein but who did not immediately stop such action.
Cancellation of use of the facilities fully attributable to the user may be subject to the following penalty charges:
- Cancellation up to one week before the scheduled date of use will not incur a penalty charge.
- A penalty of 70% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made up to 6-3 days before the scheduled date of use.
- A penalty of 90% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made up to 2-1 days before the scheduled date of use.
- A penalty of 100% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made on the scheduled date of use.
- Parking space is provided inside the front gate and also behind the building.
- Do not park vehicles on the road or in any other place that may inconvenience the local residents.
Equipment and fittings
- Equipment and fittings provided in the guest rooms and other designated places on the premises (including built-in equipment like the kitchen and toilet, electrical appliances like the washing machine or television, pieces of furniture like a table or bed, barbecue stove and other cooking equipment and tableware) can be used freely but shall not be taken outside of the facilities.
- Do not use the equipment and fittings for any purpose other than their intended use.
- After use, return all equipment and fittings to their original locations. Cooking equipment and any other items that need to be washed after use should be washed.
- No equipment shall be moved, altered or modified without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
- Should any equipment or fittings (excluding disposable ones) become lost or damaged, the user may be charged for the repair or replacement expenses.
Storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information
Requests related to the storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information will be managed by our separately established rules and procedures.
Service hours are as follows:
- Lunch: 13:30 to 14:00 (last orders 13:30)
- Dinner: 17:30 to 21:00 (last orders 20:30)
Use of the kitchen, cooking equipment, tableware, seasonings and food items intended for use by the restaurant staff is prohibited. (There are equipment and fittings provided for guest use). We do not accept food or drink orders after 21:00.
Cautions about using the facilities
- The following acts in the facilities are prohibited.
- Smoking inside the building
- Throwing away cigarette butts
- Lighting a flame in any place or on equipment other than those intended for fire use such as the kitchen, wood stove or outdoor barbecue stove, starting an open fire outdoors or committing any other act that has a risk of starting a fire
- Putting up or distributing advertising or publicity items, selling items or performing any other sales or marketing activities without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort
- Gambling or any other act that is indecent or socially inappropriate
- Holding outdoor activities (barbecue, etc.) or playing musical instruments after 22:00
- Yelling, singing, or shouting too loudly on the premises
- Staying in the facilities with pet animals
- Any other act that Atami Spa & Resort considers unsafe, disturbing or inconvenient to other users or local residents
- Bringing the following items into the facilities is prohibited:
- Gunpowder, explosives, volatile oils, candles, fireworks, incense sticks or any other ignitable or inflammable items
- Foul-smelling items
- Guns, knives or stimulant drugs whose possession is prohibited by law
- Any other item that Atami Spa & Resort considers unsafe, unpleasant or disturbing to other users
Emergency evacuation routes
In the event of an emergency, evacuate from the building through the main entrance on the first floor or from the emergency exits out of the main lounge on the second floor or in front of the women’s bathing section in the basement.
- 1. We do not assume responsibility for any accident or injury suffered while using the facilities.
- The user is responsible for protecting their own money or personal belongings while using the facilities. We do not assume responsibility for loss, theft or damage of the user’s personal items while using the facilities.
- Personal items left behind by the user will be stored at Atami Spa & Resort for a period of three months from the date it is found by us. After three months, such items will be handled according to the Lost Goods Act. Food items left behind by the user will be disposed of the day after the user has checked out.
- We do not accept shopping errand requests.
- We do not accept requests to temporarily pay for the user’s shopping expenses, tickets, taxi fares, postal stamps or shipping charges.
These Terms and Conditions take effect on August 1, 2018.