Atami Spa & Resort has the following Terms and Conditions to assure a safe and conformable stay, etc.(hereinafter “use”) for guests.
Violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in rejection of use and/or monetary compensation for any damage suffered by us.Atami Spa & Resort shall be used in compliance with the following Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Atami Spa & Resort has the following Terms and Conditions to assure a safe and conformable stay, etc.(hereinafter “use”) for guests.
Scope of application
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the user (hereinafter “user”) of any of the facilities on the premises of Atami Spa & Resort (including guest rooms, garden, parking space and other parts of the land; hereinafter collectively referred to as “the facilities”).
Use of the facilities
1. The facilities shall not be used or visited for any purpose other than lodging, dining or self-catering without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
2. The facilities shall not be sublet to a third party without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
Limitations on use of the facilities
1. Only members of the group that has registered with us or has an advance booking can use the facilities.
Do not invite any third person to the facilities. We do not permit use of the facilities by groups of only minors or students.
2. We are licensed as a private lodging accommodation under the Residential Accommodation Business Law and operate under the ordinances of Shizuoka Prefecture, which prohibit us from offering lodging accommodation on weekdays.
3. We do not permit use of the facilities by the following individuals and organizations:
1. Designated organized crime groups, gangsters and their associates as defined under the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members,” including their members and related parties, or any other anti-social organizations (hereinafter referred to as “anti-social organizations”).
2. Corporations or any other type of organization whose activities are controlled by an anti-social organization.
3. A person or organization who has or is reasonably considered to have committed an act of violence, physical attack, threat, extortion, unlawfully intimidating behavior or other similar action.
4. A person who, due to mental disorder, influence of drugs or other similar condition, has difficulty securing his or her own safety or who is at risk of exposing other users to danger, fear or unsafeness.
5. A person or organization who has been cautioned about their actions being in violation of the Terms and Conditions provided herein but who did not immediately stop such action.
Cancellation of use of the facilities fully attributable to the user may be subject to the following penalty charges:
1. Cancellation up to one week before the scheduled date of use will not incur a penalty charge.
2. A penalty of 70% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made up to 6-3 days before the scheduled date of use.
3. A penalty of 90% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made up to 2-1 days before the scheduled date of use.
4. A penalty of 100% of the total scheduled rental charge if cancellation is made on the scheduled date of use.
1. Parking space is provided inside the front gate and also behind the building.
2. Do not park vehicles on the road or in any other place that may inconvenience the local residents.
Equipment and fittings
1. Equipment and fittings provided in the guest rooms and other designated places on the premises (including built-in equipment like the kitchen and toilet, electrical appliances like the washing machine or television, pieces of furniture like a table or bed, barbecue stove and other cooking equipment and tableware) can be used freely but shall not be taken outside of the facilities.
2. Do not use the equipment and fittings for any purpose other than their intended use.
3. After use, return all equipment and fittings to their original locations. Cooking equipment and any other items that need to be washed after use should be washed.
4. No equipment shall be moved, altered or modified without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort.
5. Should any equipment or fittings (excluding disposable ones) become lost or damaged, the user may be charged for the repair or replacement expenses.
Storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information
Requests related to the storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information will be managed by our separately established rules and procedures.
Service hours are as follows:
Lunch: 13:30 to 14:00 (last orders 13:30)
Dinner: 17:30 to 21:00 (last orders 20:30)
Use of the kitchen, cooking equipment, tableware, seasonings and food items intended for use by the restaurant staff is prohibited. (There are equipment and fittings provided for guest use).
We do not accept food or drink orders after 21:00.
Cautions about using the facilities
1. The following acts in the facilities are prohibited.
1. Smoking inside the building
2. Throwing away cigarette butts
3. Lighting a flame in any place or on equipment other than those intended for fire use such as the kitchen, wood stove or outdoor barbecue stove, starting an open fire outdoors or committing any other act that has a risk of starting a fire
4. Putting up or distributing advertising or publicity items, selling items or performing any other sales or marketing activities without the permission of Atami Spa & Resort
5. Gambling or any other act that is indecent or socially inappropriate
6. Holding outdoor activities (barbecue, etc.) or playing musical instruments after 22:00
7. Yelling, singing, or shouting too loudly on the premises
8. Staying in the facilities with pet animals
9. Any other act that Atami Spa & Resort considers unsafe, disturbing or inconvenient to other users or local residents
2. Bringing the following items into the facilities is prohibited:
1. Gunpowder, explosives, volatile oils, candles, fireworks, incense sticks or any other ignitable or inflammable items
2. Foul-smelling items
3. Guns, knives or stimulant drugs whose possession is prohibited by law
4. Any other item that Atami Spa & Resort considers unsafe, unpleasant or disturbing to other users
Emergency evacuation routes
In the event of an emergency, evacuate from the building through the main entrance on the first floor or from the emergency exits out of the main lounge on the second floor or in front of the women’s bathing section in the basement.
1. We do not assume responsibility for any accident or injury suffered while using the facilities.
2. The user is responsible for protecting their own money or personal belongings while using the facilities. We do not assume responsibility for loss, theft or damage of the user’s personal items while using the facilities.
1. Personal items left behind by the user will be stored at Atami Spa & Resort for a period of three months from the date it is found by us. After three months, such items will be handled according to the Lost Goods Act. Food items left behind by the user will be disposed of the day after the user has checked out.
2. We do not accept shopping errand requests.
3. We do not accept requests to temporarily pay for the user’s shopping expenses, tickets, taxi fares, postal stamps or shipping charges. These Terms and Conditions take effect on August 1, 2018.
All users who use the facilities for weekday daytime use or for weekend overnight stays are advised to read the following house rules.
Violation of these rules may incur our specified penalty charges.
Soiling of the rooms or destroying or damaging the equipment or fittings provided in the facilities may result in the payment of cleaning or repair charges.
- Smoking is prohibited in all rooms and indoor spaces. Smoking is permitted only in designated outdoor areas.
- This site is located in the nature in Atami where there are many bugs and insects. Do not leave the windows and doors open in the evening.
- Do not enter any room or space marked “Staff Use Only.”
- Do not consume liquors and drinks displayed in the facilities without our permission.
- The provided indoor slippers are for indoor use only. Do not wear them outdoors.
- Be sure to change into the slippers when entering a “no shoes” area.
- If the user commits an unlawful or socially inappropriate act, they may be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Do not play music or movies loudly after 22:00
- Do not bring food, drink or tableware into the bathing sections. Do not eat or drink in the bathing or swimming pool sections. Bringing in glassware is especially unsafe and is strictly prohibited.
- We do not provide room service like hotels.
- We do not allow pet animals on the premises.
- We do not accept overnight guests without advance booking. Overnight stay without advance booking will incur penalty charges.
- Our swimming pool is shallow. Do not attempt to jump into the swimming pool. Do not run or otherwise behave in an unsafe manner in or around the swimming pool. We do not accept responsibility for any injury or accidents suffered as a result of such unsafe behavior.
- Young children must be escorted by an adult when using the baths and swimming pool.
- Do not attempt to change the water flow rate or pressure.
- Comply with the specified waste disposal rules.
- As this site is located in nature, leaving food debris outdoors will attract wild animals (boars, etc.) and birds. Do not leave food items outdoors.
- Do not fly drones or light fireworks on the deck without permission. Consult us in advance if you wish to use a drone or fireworks.
- Do not enter the building while dripping-wet after using the swimming pool or baths. Use the provided towels to wipe yourself dry.
- Do not attempt to use the facilities while drunk.
1. Acquisition of personal information
We may acquire personal information in a fair and socially acceptable manner and to the extent necessary to implement the services and permitted by law.
2. Use of personal information
We may collect or use personal information related to implementing the services by clarifying how the information is collected, used or provided with the explicit consent of the owner of the information.
3. Purpose of use of personal information
We may use personal information that has been collected in relation to the services for the purposes listed below or for informing the user about or providing related products or services (including products and services provided by us or by our affiliated companies or partners). We will not use the collected personal information for any other purpose.
・Continued provision of services to the user or the management thereof
・Provision of correspondence, e-mail magazines and messages related to use of the services
・Distributing or sending various notifications and promotion messages
・Provision of special bonuses and privileges
・Market survey, data analysis and other similar activities for improving or studying the services or developing future new services
・Implementing promotion campaigns, questionnaires, user monitor programs or media publicity activities
・Receiving or responding to opinions, inquiries and social network postings related to the services
・Investigating possible fake registrations and their related service applications that are made in violation of our Terms and Conditions
・Any other legitimate operations related to the services
 In the event where use of personal information is required beyond, or has been changed from, the specified purpose of use, we will notify the users about such use or change by publicizing such use or change on our related website or directly notifying the owner of the information.
 In the event that the user wishes to be informed about the purpose of use of his or her personal information, we will promptly inform the user how his or her personal information is used.
4. Provision of personal information to a third party
We do not provide users’ personal information to a third party except in the following cases:
 Where the personal information needs to be so handled according to the law
 Where such provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of a person including his or her life, physical safety and property and where it is difficult to obtain the explicit consent of the information owner for such provision
 Where such provision of personal information is necessary for the improvement of public hygiene or social order or the encouragement of healthy development of children and where it is difficult to obtain the explicit consent of the information owner for such provision
 Where we are required to cooperate with a national governmental or municipal organization or other party entrusted by such governmental or municipal organization to conduct a legally required action and where any attempt to obtain the explicit consent of the information owner may interfere with the completion of such legally required action
 Where the personal information is provided to our internal staff or to our affiliated company or partner to the extent described in 3. “Purpose of use of personal information”
5. Disclaimers concerning provision of information to a third party
We do not assume responsibility for the provision of personal information to a third party in the following cases:
 Where the user intentionally provides his or her personal information to a company or service he or she is using and intends to use by using a function provided as part of our services or by other means of disclosure (contact the recipient company or service about how the disclosed personal information will be used or handled)
 Where personal identification has become unexpectedly possible from the information that the user has entered on our service website
 The user has provided his or her personal information to an external website linked to our service website and such information has been used as a result
 When a person other than the user has obtained some of the user’s personally identifiable information (user ID or password)
6. Disclaimers concerning provision of information to a third party
 We strictly comply with the requirements of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
 We appoint a Personal information Security Controller, who is responsible for the protection, implementation and strict management of personal information. We also appoint a Personal information Security Auditor, who will implement audits of our personal information protection practices and strive to improve our personal information management and protection system. We may provide personal information to a contractor to the extent described in the “Purpose of use of personal information” described earlier. In such cases, we will enter into confidentiality and personal information protection agreements with the contractor to prohibit use of such information for other than the above-described purposes and will ensure that the contractor adopts appropriate security control practices.
 We establish and implement internal rules and regulations concerning personal information management and also strictly supervise and train our employees to duly protect personal information.
 We are always strongly aware of the risk of illegitimate access, leak, loss, corruption or other management risks concerning the collected personal information and implement due personal and physical measures to protect against such risks.
7. Requests related to storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information
The charging of expenses related to the storage, disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information will be managed by our separately established rules and procedures.
8. Strict compliance with, continuous improvement of and continuous training for personal information protection
We strictly comply with all relevant laws and regulations for the fulfillment of the policy described herein. We continuously manage and protect personal information in an appropriate manner and also continuously provide employee education and training for this purpose.
9. Contact details concerning our personal information management related to the services
(Customer service contact)
Atami Spa & Resort
1876-10 Atami, Atami City, Shizuoka Prefecture 413-0033, Japan
Main phone number: 0557-83-5011
Customer inquiry number: 03-5777-8686
Asset Management Advisors, Ltd.
Issued on August 1, 2018
We retain the right to revise the above-described policy.
All such revisions will be publicized on this website.